This recipe is from LOLA (Lots Of Love Always) — Priscilla Woolworth’s book for young women about how to adopt a sustainable lifestyle and make healthy choices. When making this very easy and popular granola, it’s best to cook it slowly and stir the mixture often so that the oats get evenly crisp and golden. I love it on its own with milk, but it’s really good sprinkled on Greek yogurt with chopped figs and dates.
Oats are one of the healthiest fiber rich foods you can eat. Oats helps reduce cholesterol, lowers blood pressure, reduces the risks of type 2 diabetes and is a powerhouse of vitamins and minerals.
Did you know…that oats was one of the first cereals to be cultivated? The ancient Romans and Greeks felt it was only good for horse feed. It wasn’t until the 1600s when the first British immigrants arrived that oats were cultivated in the USA.
-all ingredients are organic-
- 6 cups of gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups of raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cup of raw pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cup of coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 250º. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, oil, maple syrup, honey, olive and coconut oil, coconut flakes, and salt. Mix it all up.
3. Spread the mixture on both of the baking sheets and bake for 2 hours, and stirring the mix well every 30 mins.
4. Let cool completely, then store in glass storage jars.
Good for 6 weeks