THREE LEVELS OF AFFORDABLE DESIGN SERVICES
From the moment we launched our “Approachable Design” Service we knew we were on to something! People loved our simple concept of having a professional stylist coming to your own home…asking you what YOU want…assessing your needs…and giving you a plan to move forward. Home stylist, Wanda Furman, helped me launch this service. She has an impressive background in professional styling and design work. I (and many of her clients) think of her as a “design guru”. Our design “house calls” are such an easy, unpressured and affordable way to re-imagine and improve the look and feel of your home, it’s no wonder we’ve had to add more design consultants to meet your needs. On some of these initial visits, our stylists have even helped to make an immediate improvement by simply moving things around! (see Testimonials below)
- If you live within 25 miles of one of our stores (added travel fee if beyond that), you can have a visit from Wanda or any of our other very capable design specialists. They will spend two hours in your home assessing your needs. You decide what you need help with. We’ll give you paint color ideas, move furniture around, offer suggestions for what to keep and what not to keep, and will give you a plan for moving forward with your ideas. The fee is $300 for the visit. All you have to do is email me at email@example.com and we’ll set you up with an appointment.
- You don’t have to buy anything from Hammertown. The purpose of our “house call” is NOT to sell furniture and you won’t be pressured to do so. We just want to help you to love your home! Many times our clients have all the furniture they need but perhaps the current placement is not working well in their homes or the paint color in a room just isn’t right. That’s why we come prepared with paint chips and swatches…whatever you might need. If, however, you find that you do need a new piece of furniture, you’ll find an incredible and very well-priced selection at Hammertown from the best furniture companies in the country (Cisco Brothers, Lee Industries and Mitchell Gold+Bob Williams), and since we stock our furniture, in most cases, you’ll get immediate delivery.
HAMMERTOWN DESIGN TEAM IS HERE FOR YOU!
Looking for more help? Have you just purchased or built a new home or did a major renovation on your existing home? We offer full service design help with mood boards, paint chips, drapes and shades. In fact, a couple years ago we furnished an entire home in Nantucket for one of our clients; from the kitchen towels and bed linens to the sofas and mattresses. We arranged all the details and delivered it all — our client was thrilled.
Here are a few reasons to consider our Hammertown Design Team.
- Professional & Nationally Recognized – Our design projects have been featured in House Beautiful and Country Living Magazine and Houzz. (click here to see the article about one of our jobs in House Beautiful)
- Creativity & Affordability – We specialize in giving eclectic, unique and very personal help. Your home will reflect your own personalized style at a fraction of the cost (and pressure) of a high priced design firm.
- Furniture & Accessories from the most respected furniture and design store in the Hudson Valley. Hammertown was recognized as Best Home Store in the Hudson Valley by Vogue Editor, Virginia Smith. We have a wonderful selection of curated antiques and also specialize in finding antique pieces for you if we don’t have what you want in our stores.
- Trust – we get many jobs from referrals of our previous clients and also from the best real estate agents in the area who know we can help make their clients happy. (see Testimonials below)
- Convenience – We have the ability to also consult in Westchester, Manhattan and Brooklyn (extra travel fees).
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about these larger projects.
IN-STORE DESIGN HELP
Of course, it’s best to actually see your home, but you can also come in and get great design help right here in our Hammertown stores!
We have an incredibly knowledgeable staff. It’s best to call ahead or email to make an appointment. Or email email@example.com and I’ll help to facilitate your appointment.
- Rhonda Cayea in our Rhinebeck store – 845-876-1450
- Drew Evans in Pine Plains – 518-398-7075
- Saskia Larraz in Great Barrington – 413-528-7766
TESTIMONIALSfrom happy Hammertown Design clients
TESTIMONIALSfrom happy Hammertown Design clients
Chairs and sofa arrived. Superb work. You are terrific, Wanda! Every choice you have helped
me with, every craftsman you have recommended has been tops.
Thank you so much. Now on to other projects!
As soon as I walk into Hammertown Rhinebeck , I feel welcomed by all – Rhonda sets the tone of this store and always has time to say hello – even during the busiest holiday hours! She was and still is a tremendous help in decorating our newly purchased home near Rhinebeck – she always has an eye out for pieces that she thinks I would like and willingly and happily comes by to drop off pieces to our home to see how they look and feel.
I seldom do any decorating without her advice and she’s always available with suggestions of furniture, artwork and even books and craftspeople!
I can’t imagine a decorating project without her !
One way to “Love Where You Live” is to love your decorating team. Dana totally pulled together my New York City apartment using some of my current treasures and adding what I needed in a practical and collaborative way. She is a genius with color and styling. She is clear, calm, and fun to be with. So much so, that she is now working with me in Connecticut. The back up from Joan and the Hammertown team makes the job simple and seamless.
Hammertown is my go to store for furnishing my home. However, that is only half the equation. Rhonda Cayea my trusted adviser, makes it all happen. Her sense of style, creativity and “can do” attitude enables me to find the perfect everything. Ever resourceful with solutions for “how to”, she made sure my new couch found it’s rightful place…Rhonda epitomizes the gold standard of customer service!
Rhonda was so very helpful in putting together a fresh, new look in our living room. She succeeded in making inspired suggestions that were inexpensive and easy to implement. I appreciated that she really ‘got’ our values and lifestyle, and worked within our budget to accomplish a very pleasing change to a formally haphazard look. Everyone who enters our living room now admires it, and we are finally able to proudly host guests! I look forward to having her work with us on other redesign projects, and I would recommend her without reservations to anyone who needs a bit of magic for their house interior. I bet she would be great with staging houses for re-sale as well.
Wanda is the dream design consultant. She has impeccable taste, a fantastic attitude, excellent follow through. After struggling with paint colors for several rooms for months, Wanda made spectacular recommendations after one thoughtful session. She also happily tackled small projects around my house that had enormous positive effects–for example, transforming my kitchen by replacing the back splash. I feel tremendously lucky that Joan introduced us!
Editor-in-Chief, Food and Wine
My family and I had an overwhelmingly positive experience working with Wanda Furman on multiple design projects at our weekend home in Dutchess County and cannot sing her praises loudly enough! Not only did she effortlessly rearrange our existing furniture to better suit our space, but she also was an invaluable source of ideas for what additional items we needed to add and where to source them. Her relationships with people from the community were tremendously helpful and Wanda worked closely with local painters, artists, and carpenters on several home improvement projects, including the replacement of our cookie-cutter mantle with a large reclaimed wooden beam, and on several custom-built pieces of furniture, including a bench, headboard, and zinc-wrapped sideboard.
In addition to furniture advice and styling, Wanda also assisted us with paint colors, rugs, lighting and even where to hang art to best suit our house and again referred us to local electricians and painters to do the work, often under her supervision. Finally, Wanda oversaw the renovation of our large porch from a dark and uninviting space to a gorgeous screened-in extension of our home that we enjoy three seasons per year. She worked closely with the carpenter who did all of the manual labor associated with the renovation, and suggested paint colors, furniture and a layout for the space.
On a personal note, Wanda is a pleasure to work and spend time with — warm, laid back, and extremely trust worthy. I admire and covet her style and cannot recommend her services and advice highly enoughl
I almost don’t want to share Wanda with anyone because she is so special. It goes without saying that her taste and resources are first class but it is her empathic relationship with clients that make her unique . Wanda intuitively senses, even before her clients know it, what is best for them and what will make them happy.
I first met Wanda through Joan when I needed a paint color consultation for my home in Lakeville, CT. I find picking the right paint colors daunting. Wanda has a very keen eye for color. I would never have picked the paint colors for the walls that I have now. The color changes alone transformed my home by updating it and making it more inviting. Wanda works magic when she moves, removes or adds even a single piece of furniture in a room. Everything looks so much better.
I really grew to trust Wanda and her sense of style so a few months later I asked her to work with me in renovating my kitchen. She advised me on flooring, cabinets, lighting and countertops. She is attentive to every detail. Wanda really listens to you about how you use a room in your home and then tries to make it function best for you. Wanda is flexible and will do as much or as little of the legwork as you want.
Months later I contacted Wanda again when I wanted to make changes to the outside of my house. She advised me on paint colors, removed shutters and transformed a once useless breezeway into an entertaining living space. What would I do without you , Wanda!
Wanda Furman is a color genius! Wanda took one look around my country house and knew instinctively what colors should be matched with the makings of a home – rugs, couches and art. Wanda was bang on. It was an absolute pleasure working with her from our first meeting at Hammertown going over the design plans that danced in my head to the final design of my home. Wanda understood the look and feel I was striving for and didn’t try to tweak or make it into something else. She is a joy to work with – she’s also Canadian so politeness runs in her blood. I highly recommend Wanda as a home stylist.
I’ve really enjoyed working with Wanda – in addition to having great taste and good judgment, she’s also very responsive and flexible. Wanda has great ideas, and is also able to work with my style – which results in the house feeling truly “mine” but better! Wanda has resources for everything, from painting to landscaping, and this is extremely valuable. In short, Wanda’s fantastic, and I can’t recommend her highly enough!
Wanda Furman and I have had the pleasure to work together on extraordinary projects. Her incredible eye for detail and her ability to curate a great look for the client is a great talent. She and I have worked under major deadlines and she is able to pull everything together quickly. When you work with a great designer like Wanda, you know that she will listen and get the whole look because of her passion and talent for design. She finds the perfect thing you didn’t even know you were looking for!