This delicious AND healthy recipe is from Gwyneth Paltrow’s new book, It’s All Good: Delicious, Easy Recipes That Will Make You Look Good and Feel Great. You can make this on the grill or on the stove in a grill pan (which works great!).
- 1 pound ground chicken (preferably dark meat)
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely minced
- 2/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, very finely minced
- 1 teaspoon very finely minced red chili (more or less, however you like it)
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil (like canola, grapeseed or safflower oil)
1. Thoroughly mix the chicken with the garlic, cilantro, shallots, red chili, fish sauce, salt and pepper. Form the mixture into 4 burgers, each about 3/4-inch thick.
2. Heat a grill or grill pan over medium heat. Rub each burger on both sides with a bit of the safflower oil and grill for about 8 minutes on the first side and another 5 minutes or so on the second, or until nicely marked and firm to the touch.