Many thanks (and kudos) to Julia Munson and Rebecca Cohen (both from our local area) for this recipe which was recently published on Cooking Light’s website (see more here). Julia’s mother, by the way, has been a friend and customer for many years. Both of these young women are doing amazing work with Food Corps on the Tohono O’ohdam Nation in Arizona where they develop a culturally and seasonally appropriate gardening, cooking, and wellness curriculum for the reservation’s after-school program. (see our Shout Out to Julia and Rebecca here) Believe it or not, even though this chocolate pudding is easy, healthy and gluten free, it has been pronounced delicious…even by kids!!
AVOCADO AND AGAVE CHOCOLATE PUDDING
- 2 ripe avocados
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup agave syrup
- ½ cup coconut milk
- bananas or other fruit for dipping
1. Chop the avocado into a few medium-sized pieces and put it in a food processor or heavy-duty blender.
2. Add the cocoa powder, vanilla, agave syrup and coconut milk to the food processor and blend on high for about thirty seconds, or until pudding reaches desired consistency.
3. Taste the pudding to see if you want to make any adjustments. If you want it sweeter or more chocolatey, you might want to adjust the measurements to your preference.
4. Serve with cut fruit for dipping! Makes 6 servings.