Another great recipe from my friend Vicki who lives in Maine. Serve it ice-cold and you couldn’t ask for a better dish on a hot day! This is so easy and so good!
- 1 to 3 cloves garlic (Vicki uses 3!)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 3 tomatoes, peeled
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (If you use regular V8 juice)
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar (this should not be substituted)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups cup V8 juice, plain or spicy (I love the spicy)
- croutons (cubed French bread)
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
1. Puree the first 4 ingredients in a blender until smooth (or chunkier if you prefer). Season with salt, cayenne (if you using regular V8 juice), vinegar, olive oil and tomato juice and chill.
2. For garnish, brown the lightly salted bread cubes in the olive oil. Add the croutons, cucumber, tomatoes and onion just before serving.