I had this delicious Beef Tenderloin the other night at a party hosted by my friends Katherine & Frank Martucci. All the food was wonderful but this beef tenderloin was fantastic! I asked Katherine if she would share the recipe with us and lucky for us…she did!
- 1 cup soy sauce – (I use half regular and half low sodium)
- 2 cups red wine
- 4 cloves garlic -crushed
- 2 TBLS Dijon mustard
- 2 TBLS caraway seeds
- 1 4-41/2 lb fillet of beef, tied and cut in half
- 2 TBLS olive oil
- 2 TBLS butter
1. The night before, combine all of the above except the oil and butter. Pour marinade into a double plastic bag and add the filets. Seal tightly and marinate overnight, turning a couple of times.
2. Preheat oven to 425′ – heat the oil and butter in saute pan.
3. Remove the meat from marinade and pat dry.
4. Sear meat in oil and then roast in oven 30 minutes for rare. Make sure the meat is room temp before putting in the oven.
5. Cool the meat for approximately 1 hour before slicing.
Serve with sour cream horseradish sauce on the side.
Serves 8 to 10