(First published May 2010)
This recipe came from last Saturday’s “Farm to Table Dinner and Demo” with Job Yacubian of The Farmer’s Wife. It was pronounced delicious by all 18 attendees! I would have gotten a photo of the soup but I was too busy eating it!
- 4 TBL unsalted butter
- 1 lb. fresh ramps (can substitute leeks)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 lb. new potatoes
- 1/4 cup cream (optional)
1. Chop garlic and bulbs of ramps, reserving green ramp tops. Saute garlic and ramps with butter and 4 TBL stock until soft.
2. Add peeled and diced potato, bay leaf and stock. Season to taste with salt.
3. In separate pan saute ramp green with butter until wilted. Puree ramp greens in blender with stock (Job recommends the Vita Mix blender…Hammertown will be stocking them soon).
4. When potato-stock mix is soft add to blender and puree again. Check Seasoning. Serve.