I hadn’t made this recipe in years, but at our Turkey 101 Class, I decided to make the dessert. I found my old favorite apple pie recipe that hadn’t been pulled our for years. Everyone loved it. So, here is the recipe for one fabulous, easy and delicious apple pie:
Set oven to 375 degrees
- 7 to 8 tart apples (macoun, granny smith, empire)
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 TBL all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Pastry for 2-crust 9″ pie…(I recommend Pillsbury pie crust in a box…found in refrigerator section…it’s really good!)
- 2 TBL butter. cut up into tiny pieces
- 1 egg (beaten)
1. Pare apples and slice very very thin. Combine sugar, flour, spices and salt and mix with apples.
2. Roll out one package of pie dough and place over pie plate to extend about 1″. Fill with apple mixture and dot with butter. Adjust top crust and trim to about 1″ over the rim. Tuck the edge of the top crust under the edge of the bottom crust and crimp the two together with your fingers. Brush top of pie with egg wash and then sprinkle with a little sugar for sparkle.
3. Bake in hot oven 50-60 minutes, or until the crust is browned and the juices begin to bubble out. Serve warm.