Thank you Laura Pensiero, the owner of Gigi Trattoria in Rhinebeck, for this healthy menu choice recipe. Laura is a registered nutritionist, cookbook author, and French Culinary Institute graduate who has achieved significant recognition in her career. In the May 2005 5th Anniversary issue of “O” Oprah Magazine, she was selected as one of the 5 most “Gifted and Giving” food professionals.
A visit to Gigi Trattoria is a must! Located in the heart of Rhinebeck, next to our Hammertown Rhinebeck store, it is one of the most popular restaurants in the Hudson Valley. Also, be sure to check out Gigi Market at Greig Farm in Red Hook.
- 1 TBL Dijon mustard
- 1 TBL reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1 TBL chopped fresh chives
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 to 1 tsp soy sauce
- Salt and Freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Peanut Oil
- 4 Whole Wheat Buns (optional-Burger can top Salad)
- 4 tomato slices
- 1-1/2 cup baby greens
* Gigi Trattoria uses only wild salmon, which is rich in health promoting omega-3 fatty acids and significantly lower in PCBs and heavy metals as compared with farmed salmon.
1. Discard any bones from the salmon. Chop salmon finely by hand or pulse in the work bowl of a food processor.
2. Transfer the salmon to a medium bowl, and add the mustard, mayonnaise, chives, sesame oil, soy sauce, and season with salt and pepper. Stir together to combine.
3. Form the mixture into 4-inch patties. In a non-stick skillet heat peanut oil over moderate heat until hot, but not smoking and sauté patties 4 minutes on each side, or until just cooked through.
4.Transfer salmon burgers to buns, if using, and top with tomato and lettuce.
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Per serving (with bun) Calories: 492 Sat fat: 1.5 g Carb: 72g Fiber: 8g Fat: 11g Protein: 30g Choles: 5 mg
Calories: Carb-57% Fat - 19% Protein-24%