This delicious dish is made with Kuhn Rikon Pressure Cooker available at Hammertown.
- 1 small/medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup of fresh basil, chopped
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes, soaked in water until soft and chopped
- 2 links of sweet, Italian Turkey sausage, skinned and crumbled
- 2 TBL olive oil
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/4 cup hard cheese, finely grated (parmigiana or asiago or romano…or any combination of the 3)
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups organic chicken broth
1. In a separate skillet, brown sausage (reserving about a TBL) until just pink.
2. Heat oil in pressure cooker (without top on) with reserved TBL of sausage for rendering over medium-high heat. When it’s hot add onions and garlic and saute until translucent.
3. Then add rice and saute until it starts to turn golden brown (if you need to add a little more oil, go for it). Keep stirring to prevent sticking. Takes about 5 minutes. Add wine and mix. Then add sausage and mix, followed by sun dried tomatoes, basil, and chicken stock. Mix and blend. Bring to a boil. Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Put top of pressure cooker on (align arrows) and twist to the left to align handles. Keeping heat on medium high bring to first red ring (you’ll understand the lingo, once you come to Hammertown and get this pressure cooker and use the wonderful recipe book/guide that comes with it). Reduce heat to simmer to keep steady at single red ring and cook for 7 minutes (Yep…7 minutes…Can you believe it?)
5. Take pressure cooker off stove and hold over or in sink and let cold water run over the sides and on top of the lid. You will see the pressure drop, and as soon as it has fully dropped, open lid. Add grated cheese, and if too moist, put cover back on and let it sit for a few minutes (not over heat!).